You are very welcome to apply for a position at Hilleshog Seed.
Please send us your application and enclose a CV describing your professional experience and qualifications.
Sugarbeet Area Business Manager
The Sugarbeet Area Business Manager is a highly motivated individual responsible for the sales, marketing and agronomy support for Hilleshög Sugarbeet seed within the Amalgamated Sugar, Western Sugar North and Wyoming Sugar regions
Reports to: President, Hilleshög Seed
The Sugarbeet Area Business Manager strives to develop and maintain strong business relationships with current and potential customers through an independent sales channel while performing sales calls, face to face meetings and associated travel throughout the United States. The Sugarbeet Area Business Manager is strongly motivated with a positive attitude. This position works directly with customers, providing a high level of service and product information. Participation in trade shows and other related activities in a professional manner will be part of the job, while striving to make new relationships with potential customers. The position requires strong management skills in development of a sales and marketing program that includes advertising, promotions and new initiatives specific to the sugarbeet industry. Collaboration with others and ability to provide input for continuous improvement is key.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coaching and managing independent sales team.
• Budgeting, forecasting and driving sales performance.
• Collaborating with various functional groups to deliver high quality products to our customers.
• Maintain relationships with existing customers/key accounts through regular visits across the United States.
• Visit potential new customers to promote products.
• Develop brand marketing programs for individual customers.
• Assist in implementation of company marketing plans including the strategic plan.
• Coordinate with our R&D department to plan for future varieties specific to customer needs.
• Participate in development of new product needs and understand future customer needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Agriculture/Business.
• Knowledge and experience in the seed industry or allied industries.
• Knowledge of the Sugarbeet Industry
• 4+ years of similar experience in a sales management role.
• Excellent verbal, written, listening and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, prioritization skills and follow-up skills with attention to detail.
• Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
• Trusted, Driven, Reliable who is a self-starter
• Flexibility and wiliness to adapt to changing situational needs.
• Team oriented person with the ability to lead the sales activities in a positive environment.
• Self-directed, performance-driven personality, with a team player mentality.
• Willingness to travel as needed (20-30%)
• Comfort with new software and technology.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• 5+ years of quality sales experience.
• Familiarity with Microsoft NAV software
Hilleshög Seed is a global Sugarbeet seed company with over 110 years of history focusing on
breeding, production and sales activities.
Hilleshög Seed is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.